Posté le 23/02/2017 Postdoctoral researcher (M/F) – Image processing in tire development chez LIST - Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technol
- Métier Science de la matière
- Type de contrat CDD
- Référence ERIN-2017-009
e are looking for a highly motivated researcher that holds a PhD degree to perform a key role in an ambitious project. He/She will be in charge of developing an innovative decision support framework for processing and combining information from different sources, including images, from physical experiments. The selected candidate will develop the research project at both the LIST and Goodyear premises both located in Luxembourg.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with strong expertise in image processing
- Relevant research experience in developing innovative methods for image processing and information modeling
- Advanced knowledge in formal methods, statistics and/or machine learning tools
- Demonstrated skills in software engineering. Experience in object-oriented programming (C++), open source libraries for data visualization (e.g. VTK, ITK), Matlab…
- Track record of researcher dissemination including peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent project management, analytical, and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas, concepts, models and solutions
- Collaborative skills, initiative, result oriented, organization, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Proficient written and spoken English is mandatory
2 years fixed term employment contract (with 6 months of trial period)Very attractive salary package, Outstanding work environment both at LIST and Goodyear, Interdisciplinary and challenging research topics, Be part of a highly qualified project team and take part of scientific/networking activities with other research teams at the LIST and Goodyear)
Another similar position within the same project is also available. Should you be interested, we invite you to visit and apply.
Applications on more than one position are accepted
Similar available positions
Postdoctoral researcher (M/F) - Optimization of virtual experiments in tire development
The LIST is committed with equality of opportunities and gender balance
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) in partnership with Goodyear will drive significant research and development focused on responding to innovation challenges in tire-related applications and business intelligence.
The primary objective of this project is to foster research excellence and the development of technologies, skills and tools to capture the value of data generated along the manufacturing and business levels at Goodyear and use them as innovation asset in the tire-related application and services. This will be achieved by broad research approaches which will be built on public-private synergy between LIST and Goodyear. The project is structured in two programs. The first program is dedicated to the optimisation of virtual experiments during the design and development of tires manufacturing. The second program is dedicated to data analytics of other business areas such as marketing, supply chain, etc. All projects and positions will be co-supervised by LIST senior researchers and Goodyear professionals who all have a large experience in supervision and project management.
For one of the projects, we are looking for a PhD holder in the fields of Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Engineering with a focus on Image Processing