Posté le 18/05/2017 COMPLIANCE OFFICER (M/F) chez East West United Bank
- Métier Conformité/Compliance
- Type de contrat CDI
Purpose of the position
• As Compliance Officer, you will work with and directly report to the Chief Compliance Officer.
• You will be responsible for the smooth running of the daily operations and mainly to prepare the KYC files review and clear the transaction monitoring and name screening alerts.
• You will support the Chief Compliance Officer in his daily tasks and ensure back-up in his absence.
Primary duties & Responsibilities
The primary duties & responsibilities consist in supporting the Chief Compliance Officer in:
• Preventing of money laundering and terrorism financing:
o Prepare and control the account opening files proposed by Relationship Managers using Risk-based approach;
o Review the KYC files of existing clients according to risk-based frequency;
o Follow-up identified deficiencies and pending points in KYC files;
o Monitor dormant and holdmail accounts;
o Review daily name screening and transaction monitoring alerts.
• Ensuring proper implementation of applicable Laws, regulations, rules and standards through dedicated policies, procedures and other documents;
• Challenging, drafting, updating policies and procedures, assessing the appropriateness of existing internal policies and procedures and monitoring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
• Actively participating to staff training on Compliance topics (KYC, KYT, CRS, MiFID II, Banking Secrecy, International Sanctions, Fraud, Conflict of Interest, Corruption and Bribery, etc.) and acting as contact point for Compliance related queries from staff;
• Actively participating in Regulatory and Reporting implementation projects (MiFID II, CRS, FATCA, QI, etc.)
• Monitoring ABBL, ALCO and regulator newsletters/websites on a regular basis in order to identify the new Compliance obligations with regard to the activities of EWUB.
Additional duties required to facilitate the Compliance culture include:
• Applying, complying with and enforcing all rules, Laws and decisions taken by the competent authorities and Regulators.
• Always communicating respectfully, to be open-minded when meeting other people, to think about the added-value of one’s work for our clients and other departments;
• Making available and explaining in simple and pragmatic terms the Compliance expertise, presenting the risks and impacts.
• University degree and at least 2 years of relevant Compliance experience from another Luxembourg financial institution is required. Experience in a Private Banking environment is a must;
• Sound and comprehensive knowledge of Luxembourg banking, financial, legal and regulatory environment (AML/CTF);
• Knowledge of Compliance Procedures and Monitoring tools;
• Excel and Office Suite literacy is required and OSINT search capabilities is a plus.
• Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills;
• Autonomous, you take ownership of your work and follow-up;
• Self-starter, keen to learn and build expertise;
• Strong capacity to challenge status quo;
• Integrity and independence of judgement, capacity to investigate thoroughly.
• Superior communication skills, both orally and in writing;
• Experience use of name screening and transaction monitoring automated solutions;
• Fluency in English is mandatory. Good command of French and/or Russian is a plus.
If you are ready to give your career a boost in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning, dynamic and deep analysis for clients, apply!
East-West United Bank S.A. is a Luxembourg-based bank with Russian capital offering customised services in Corporate, Private Banking and Wealth Management to corporate and private clients. Acting as a business partner dedicated to building and protecting clients’ interests and providing them with tailor-made financial solutions, the bank has been successfully operating for over 40 years. EWUB is a leading bank with comprehensive knowledge of Luxembourg, Russian and CIS countries’ legislation and business customs combined with an individual approach to each client.
More information is available on our website www.ewub.lu, our LinkedIn and our Facebook pages “EWUB Luxembourg”.